Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tempe Wraps

Tempe Wraps


I make these "collard green wraps" most days for lunch. Anything you would put on bread for a sandwich you can put on a green for a wrap. So far I've make wraps with turkey, egg salad, tuna salad, etc. I got the idea from The Tone it Up girls. Collard greens are tougher than iceberg lettuce so they hold up better.  I'm gonna guess that they are more nutritious too.

Ingredients:
Collard greens
4 oz Tempe (or any substitution: tofu, chicken, shrimp, steak, etc)
1/2 Bell pepper
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 cup Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Lime juice
2 Tbsp Honey
1 clove Garlic
1 Green onion
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
Pinch of Crushed red pepper
1/4 Avocado

**I don't measure ingredients so measurements are estimates. Taste as you go and adjust ingredients!

Start by cutting the tempe and pepper into strips. Add olive oil to a pan and saute tempe and bell pepper. For the sauce combine soy sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic, green onions, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.  Add the mixture to the pan.

To make the leaf more pliable, I hold it over the heat for a few seconds on each side. This makes it easier to roll. Top the leaf with the tempe/pepper mixture, slices of avocado and green onions.  Roll it like a burrito and eat!




2 comments:

  1. It is delicious! Jocelyn is my favorite cook! I'm so excited to read all about her delicious food so I can try making them myself!

    ReplyDelete