Thursday, September 13, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Bowl

My S.O. has been raving about this "buffalo chicken bowl" from the Protein Bar.  I love everything with the word "buffalo" in it so I decided to make my own out of jealousy.  It satisfied by chicken wing craving while still being healthy!



Ingredients:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
1 cup Franks Red Hot
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup quinoa
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
Sprinkle of Blue cheese
Sour cream (or I used greek yogurt)







Combine the chicken pieces, Frank's, garlic, pepper, and crushed red pepper in a sauce pan. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through). Prepare quinoa as directed on the box.  Top the quinoa with chicken, celery, green onions, blue cheese and sour cream.  Drizzle a couple tablespoons of Frank's over the top.  Sooo easy yet so delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment